1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Brace yourselves. I love egg nog. Spiked with Sprite! Please keep the EEEWWWWs to a dull roar.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It depends on how tired Santa is when he arrives.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White. I think the more important question is: should the lights blink? And the answer is: NO!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Only at Christmas.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I watch Hubs put them up shortly after Thanksgiving. (I got tired of putting them up and having him move them all when I wasn't looking.)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? If I didn't have to make it myself, it's a favorite. This applies year round.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: First, spending Christmas Eve whispering all night with my brothers over the intercom. Second, getting busted for whispering all night rather than sleeping. I guess we whispered a bit loudly.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? WHAT???
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, and every year I am STUNNED to find it is pajamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I don't. Hubs does. See "Christmas Decorating for OCD Couples" in the December 2005 archives.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Depends where it lands. Lawn? Good. Freeway? Bad.
12. Can you ice skate? Not enough medical insurance in the world.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven. (Okay, Mom, I KNOW you gave me that Holly Hobby Stove and I loved it even after I got cake batter all over the light bulb/cooking element the first time I used it causing the house to smell like burned sugar for days afterward.
It wasn't the Easy Bake Oven just like Peyton had.
But I still really really loved the Holly Hobby Stove. Really. I especially loved the little tubes of icing that I ate directly from the tube, thus bypassing the whole stove experience) Where was I? Oh yes. The year Hubs gave me an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. It's a tie with the year Son gave me a day-glo orange plastic necklace and bracelet with a frog on it. He was three and picked it out himself. It looked smashing with my dark purple silk dress on Sunday.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Ice box cake. Grandma's recipe.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Seeing the lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake City and going to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert.
17. What tops your tree? An angel I made the first Christmas we were married.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night.
20. Candy Canes? Only when no other source of sugar is available and I have no choice.