Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Moving Experience

Right now, we're in the middle of another move. Why? Good question. I'm beginning to think we're just the kind of people who see the opportunity to experience prolonged and profound chaos and say, "SIGN. US. UP."

Now, for those keeping count, this is the second move in two years. And if you're wondering if two years is really long enough to forget the horror, let me assure you, it is not. And yet, it became quite clear this evening, that Hubs is under the impression that this whole moving thing? Completely new to me.

Tonight, Hubs informed me that he's been storing boxes in the garage. Not just any boxes, but the good copier paper boxes of which I am so very fond for moving purposes.

"Ok," he tells me, leading me into the garage, "Here are the boxes. These are all empty, so use these."

"The empty ones?"

"Yeah."

"And this is something you feel you need to specify?"

"I just want you to know which boxes to use."

"That's very sweet. Ok..let me see if I have this straight. You'd like me to use the boxes that don't have anything in them as opposed to the ones I've already packed things in? Is that right?"

"Well, I just don't want you to haul a box all the way upstairs and then realize it's already full."

"I see. So, if I notice a box is really heavy, and I haul it upstairs anyway because I, for whatever reason, assume that in this case the heaviness means something OTHER THAN THE BOX ISN'T EMPTY, what should I do then? WHAT?!"

Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Krys72599 said...

OMG, I think we're married to the same man.
Proof positive: if you have a hard time hanging pictures on the wall with him, it's for sure!!!

marianne said...

good luck. acutally it sounds like you have great humor in your family and that will be your saving grace during your move....just glad it's not us moving....what an experience. :)

Abby said...

Ha Ha Ha HAAAA ha Ha Ha HHHHAAAA.