Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hospital: Paper Work

I've been out of touch here the past few days but for what it's worth, I do have a note from my doctor (and by note, I mean bill) explaining my absence.

Yesterday I had surgery. The good news is, I have a lot of new stories to tell. Oh, and I’m also going to be feeling a lot better. The bad news is, I’m pretty groggy so it could be a couple days before I’m up to writing them. So in the meantime, I’ll just share the following conversation I had with Hubs while filling out forms prior to surgery.

In addition to all the other seemingly endless papers I had to fill out prior to surgery there was a questionnaire about my sleep habits. I was able to answer the first question by myself, since the question was, “Do you snore?” Well, if I wake myself up now and then doing it, I’d say there’s a good chance that the answer to that one is "yes". But for the others I had to ask Hubs.

“Honey, how often do I snore, would you say?”

“How often do you sleep?”

“Right.”

“Okay, when I snore is it a) louder than breathing b) louder than speaking or c) louder than shouting?”

“Keep going.”

“Right.”

“Okay, one more, when I sleep do I ever seem to stop breathing?”

“Only when I hold the pillow over your face. It’s usually not for long.”

“Right.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get to feeling better, girl. Take it easy for a little bit - the world will not end!!!

Oh, and share those drugs, stingy goat!

stacey said...

Hey Justin. The fog's rolling in as we speak. Had to make sure Son was up in time to meet the nice carpool lady before I dared take any of the good drugs this morning! Hmmm. Sharing. Well, I've got some oregano!

(Little inside joke there.)